The current situation with COVID-19 forced us all to face new challenges. Given this, we consider that when things get difficult and there is uncertainty, Innovation is the best way to continue working.
If you don’t have a lot of experience in remote team management, here are some tips that can help you:
How to Manage Remote Teams
To manage your teams, you can use the Trello tool, to have the tasks that each one has to do and keep track of what each one is doing. In turn, it allows everyone to be aligned.
- What did you do yesterday?
- What are you going to do today?
- Do you have any impediment that allows you to move forward with your tasks?
This daily meeting should be as agile as possible and should not take more than 15 or 20 minutes for teams of 4 or 5 people. Only one person speaks and the rest listen, in case you have any queries, you should save to speak later with that person in private to avoid delaying the rest of the team. This type of meeting will allow you to keep track of your team and be able to keep up to date with how each one is progressing.
Not being in the same office communication becomes more important than ever, which is why I recommend that you promote the communication of your teams and for this, I recommend some tools that can be very useful for you.
Tools you can use:
If in your company they use Gmail as a mail server, I recommend that you use all the Google tools since they integrate super well:
- Chat: you can chat with your colleagues and set up rooms to deal with specific topics.
- Meet: you can have video calls / virtual meetings and share the camera and screen. It’s free!
If you don’t use Gmail as a mail client, these are some of the best tools for remote work.
Virtual Telephone System: with this tool, you can continue receiving calls as if you were in your office.
Some Tips when working remotely
- Find a quiet place in your home and make it your workplace.
- Respect your work schedules as if you were in an office.
- When you have a meeting, be on time and remember to validate that your microphone and camera are working correctly.
- You must have your cell phone ready in case your internet connection does not work well to be able to share the internet from your cell phone.
- Whenever you are in a virtual meeting, mute your microphone while you are not speaking so that noises from your environment do not interfere with the meeting.
- Try to turn on the camera since 70% of what you communicate is said with body language.
You can find more information in our blog note: 7 Tips To Be Productive At Your Home Office.
Innovation is the only way
Today more than ever it is clear that those who do not innovate lose and that is why your business needs to have the best technology to succeed. Having an online system today allows you to continue working even in adverse times like the one we are going through. Consequently, if your company does not have technological solutions, we recommend our product Kiboo.ERP, which is a cloud system that allows you to work safely and from anywhere.
In turn, having online channels to continue marketing your products stopped doing something NICE TO HAVE and became a MUST HAVE. Having your own eCommerce or mobile application is essential so that your customers can continue shopping online. If you don’t have an eCommerce, you can quickly start marketing your products through Mercado Libre while implementing your own eCommerce solution.
At Clarika, we are specialists in ensuring that your company can continue working optimally even in these difficult times.
Explore our website to find out how we work with agile software development teams or send us a message and we will be happy to assist you with your project.